Happpppy 25th Birthday to ME! 25 doesn't seem like a large number, but to me it feels like an HUGE number. When I was younger, I had so many expectations set for my 25 year old self. Some expectations have been achieved, while others are a work in progress, like buying my first investment property. I wanted to share some of the most valuable lessons/advice I have learned in these past 25 years...
1. Never rely on anyone else for happiness. A lesson I've learned recently. Put yourself first ALWAYS and don'y rely on anyone else for happiness, because at a moments notice they can leave and/or disappoint you. You are in control of your own happiness and only you know how to make yourself truly happy - don't allow anyone else to dictate that for you.
2. Your opinion of yourself is the only one that matters. Don't worry about what other people think or say about you, it's pointless. If you want to do something, say something, wear something, go somewhere, whatever, DO IT. Don't ever let anyone else's sub-par opinion of you keep you from doing what you want.
3. It's okay to not be okay. Shit happens. It's so easy to act like everything is peachy but sometimes life sucksssss. It is 100% okay to not be okay. Have a glass of wine, sleep it off, hell, cry it out. Learn to be okay with not being okay. Everyone is dealing with their own struggles everyday, and believe me, what I put out for you guys to see is the best version of myself. I have a lot going on in my personal life, and sometimes the best thing to do is grab my girls and a drink, and let it out. Which leads me to #4....
4. Family and a FEW friends are everything. My family and few best friends have gotten me through everything. I love being close to my family, I'm so blessed with amazing parents and sisters. My best friends keep me grounded and sane, I wouldn't trade them for anything. A few best friends are better than a bunch of acquaintances... I can count on them on one hand and I wouldn't have it any other way.
5. Never settle for less than what you deserve. This has been my mindset since I was like 2, seriously ask my mom. I never settle for less than what I deserve. If you aren't happy with something, CHANGE IT. Instead of complaining, DO SOMETHING. This lesson is one that can be applied everyday and in every way. It's never to late to get what you want, settling is a cop out.
I hope you take something from this and apply it to your own life. 25 is going to be the best year, I know it.
Here's to 25!